Senin, 18 Januari 2021

Houston Weather: Rain chances and sea fog return this week - KTRK-TV

sea.indah.link
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- You can see and feel that change is in the air over Houston. A Gulf breeze is bringing back mild, muggy air that will give us multiple chances for rain and even sea fog.

You can expect a cloud-filled sky Tuesday with occasional sunshine. The higher rain chances will be northwest of Houston closer to a slow-moving front that will push into Houston Tuesday night. Temperatures Tuesday will start off around 60 and warm into the mid 70s. As moisture levels continue to increase Tuesday night, sea fog will push into our coastal counties ahead of the weak front that will push offshore Wednesday morning.


What do our rain chances look like this week?


Tuesday brings a 20% chance for showers as moisture passes through to meet up a with a front over North Texas. This front will approach our northern counties by the evening increasing rain chances northwest of Houston to 40%. With the front pushing south of Houston Wednesday morning, the rain chances will remain low at 20%. Rain chances will be highest west of Houston as a disturbance in the upper atmosphere approaches. Moisture will come rushing back in Thursday, pushing the rain chances back up to 30%. Rain chances will increase to 40% Friday as another cold front blows through. We expect the rain chance to drop of to 20% Saturday as some drier air blows in. Another weather system approaching Sunday will bring up the chance for thunderstorms to 40%.

When can expect sea fog?


Sea fog is possible as early as Tuesday evening. The weak front arriving Wednesday morning may briefly push it back out into the Gulf, but the sea fog should come back in quickly Wednesday night and stick around along the coast until the cold front blows through on Friday.

Is there any snow possible in Houston over the next 10 days?


Sorry. No snow. We're actually entering a warm (for the time of year) stretch of weather that will last through next weekend.

RADAR MAPS:
Southeast Texas
Houston
Harris County


Galveston County
Montgomery/Walker/San Jacinto/Polk/Grimes Counties
Fort Bend/Wharton/Colorado Counties
Brazoria/Matagorda Counties

SHARE YOUR WEATHER PHOTOS: Send us pics and videos of weather in your area to news@abc13.com and at #ABC13Eyewitness on social media.

Copyright © 2021 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.

The Link Lonk


January 19, 2021 at 03:56AM
https://ift.tt/3nXvbuW

Houston Weather: Rain chances and sea fog return this week - KTRK-TV

https://ift.tt/2CoSmg4
Sea
Share:

0 Comments:

Posting Komentar